Our Structure and Purpose
OANZ is a federation of organisations with a common interest in healthy food, healthy people and a healthy environment. We represent:
organic primary producer organisations
other primary producer organisations that include organic producers
Maori organic farming organisations
organic processers and manufacturers
organic traders, exporters and retailers
organic consumers and home gardeners
- national peak bodies with organic interests
- businesses with organic connections
OANZ is governed by a board made up of representatives of its constituent groups.
Our Chair is Doug Voss (organic kiwifruit grower, Chair of Certified Organic Kiwifruit Growers Association) and our Deputy Chair and Interim CEO is Richard Lees, Chief Executive of Huckleberry.
Our board members are:
Ana Aloma (General Manager, PureFresh Organic)
- Clive Dougall (Organic Winegrowers NZ)
- Barbara Harford (Director, OrganicFarmNZ)
- Mark White (Certified Organic Kiwifruit Growers Association)
- Sam Weaver (Bio Dynamic Farming and Gardening Association)
Our primary purpose is to develop and advocate for pro-organic policies to decision-makers at central and local government level.