Our Structure and Purpose
OANZ is a federation of organisations with a common interest in healthy food, healthy people and a healthy environment. We represent:
organic primary producer organisations
other primary producer organisations that include organic producers
Maori organic farming organisations
organic processers and manufacturers
organic traders, exporters and retailers
organic consumers and home gardeners
- national peak bodies with organic interests
- businesses with organic connections
OANZ is governed by a board made up of representatives of its constituent groups.
Our Chair is Doug Voss (organic kiwifruit grower, Chair of Certified Organic Kiwifruit Growers Association) and our Vice-Chair is Richard Lees, Chief Executive of Huckleberry.
Our board members are:
Ana Aloma (General Manager, PureFresh Organic)
- Clive Dougall (Organic Winegrowers NZ)
- Barbara Harford (Director, OrganicFarmNZ)
- Mark White (Certified Organic Kiwifruit Growers Association)
- Sam Weaver (Bio Dynamic Farming and Gardening Association)
Non-executive Treasurer, Victor Grbic (OrganicFarmNZ)
Our Chief Executive Officer is Brendan Hoare, Managing Director of trade, advisory and marketing firm, Buy Pure New Zealand. Brendan is a long-time organic practitioner, educator and advocate.
Our primary purpose is to develop and advocate for pro-organic policies to decision-makers at central and local government level.